Thursday, July 21, 2016

Lessons from the heart: Falling in love

A lot of people are afraid to fall in love. For some it's because they have been hurt and don't want to be hurt again. For others it's because they don't know what it feels like, they haven't experienced it nor have they given it. Whatever the reason is for you it is probably valid. However, it can harm your entire relationship with the person you are with and with yourself.

I'm not an expert by any means, However, During a conversation with a close friend who said she is afraid of falling in love this was my response. This was the only response I had for her. My response truly surprised be because I'm not even sure where this came from.

"Don't be scared. He can be the one, he can be the one for right now or he can be the one preparing your For THE ONE. It's okay to fall in love. It's the easiest thing to do. No matter what happens together or a part it will happen again. The best part about that is we learn, how we want to be loved and we learn to love the right way. Those are lessons from the heart girlfriend, probably some of the most important ones I've learned in my life."

This stunned me a lot because I have never realized how many times I have loved someone. Sometimes love makes me really uncomfortable and I am definitely not someone who is obsessed with falling in love. Yet, falling in love with someone is truly the easiest thing to do. Whether it is a significant other or even a friend. We're suppose to do this.

I can see where it's scary to all of the sudden get the urge to say I love you to someone who hasn't yet expressed it to you. I can see how its scary to think of all the things that can go wrong if you allow yourself to love someone. Allowing someone to love you can also be a scary thing.

For me personally, I'm not afraid to love you. I'm more afraid to let you love me. Perhaps it's because I don't always love myself and I fear the flaws I see you will begin to see. In result to that it will get harder and harder for you (whoever you end up being) to love me. That is my fear with love. Then I read the words and advice I give to a friend and ask myself, "how can I apply this to my life?" If it's the easiest thing to fall in love? Shouldn't it be the easiest thing to let someone love you? Probably so.

Of course that comes from some deep rooted issues I haven't yet pinpointed yet. That's a topic for another time.

I have been on one side where I had my heart shattered and I've been on the other where I know I hurt someone else's heart. Neither side is the good side. There is no strong side there is no weak side. To love is truly the easiest thing. To allow yourself to be loved is slightly more challenging. We give love so freely; but for some reason we do not accept it as freely. 

Just some random thoughts! Hope you enjoy. 




2 comments:

  1. garrett@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a person needs to be live alone far away from the family to feel the importance of love. Love is very important for life but excess of everything is not good.
    Nice article...

    ReplyDelete